Michigan Keno is a lottery-style format very similar to bingo.
The typical version of the game will see a player choose a selection of numbers between 1 to 80. Players can then choose up to 15 numbers after which 20 are then drawn randomly.
The more numbers you pick, the more you have to match to win a cash prize and the more numbers you match the more you win.
Keno is a fun but chance based game. While winning the full jackpot is rare and has a relatively low return to player (RTP) compared to online slots Michigan offers, players can increase their odds by picking less numbers. Players usually tend to choose between 4-8 numbers as their preferred sweet spot.
At Michigan Casino you can play a number of Michigan Keno games online for real money. Each game is a slight variation on how many numbers you can pick.
Where did Keno originate?
The origins of Keno go way back as far as 220 BC in China where it was used as a way for emperors to collect money for their wars. It was even said that this simple lottery game was used to help fund the great wall of China, meaning it has a huge cultural and historical significance.
The numbers version of the game was first introduced to the gaming floors of America in 1936 by Warren Nelson at the Palace Club casino in Reno, Nevada and has made keno in Michigan and across the US a hugely popular game
What is Club Keno in Michigan?
Club Keno is a Michigan-only lottery game where players can win hige jackpots of up to $2,000,000.
Ticket prices start at $1 and numbers are drawn every few minutes every day of the week from 6:00 AM to 1:59 AM.
Players are able to wager a number of options, including $1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $10, $20. Players are given two options where they can either select their numbers between 1 and 80 or select easy picks and have numbers randomly selected.
Players also have an option to play the extra option for another chance to win with the numbers selected. This option doubles your wager. Playing Kicker is optional and can increase cash prizes by up to 10 times.
Club Keno is both enticing and exciting for players as it is unique to, and only available in the state of Michigan. Players can see draw results at Club Keno retailers or they can simply enter their numbers on the Michigan Lottery website to see what winnings they've earned. This game is perfect for players who fancy a game to play anytime as it is played every few minutes, every single day.
Overall the game is a unique and exciting game thanks to it being only available to Michigan, as well as the extra and kicker options which increase rewards and add to the excitement.
Why Michigan Keno is so Popular
- Easy to Play: Keno is a lottery game and therefore doesn't require any skill or tactics and therefore anyone can play and win no matter who they are. All players have to do is simply pick a set of numbers and hope that they match the numbers that are drawn.
- Low Cost: Keno tickets can come as low as $1 and online at Michigan Casino for as little as $0.20. This makes it a popular game for players who like to play for small stakes.
- Potential for Big Payouts: The odds of a big win in Keno are relatively low, however if enough matches are made then there is potential for life changing jackpots.
- Variety of Betting Options: Keno offers multiple betting options which allows players to select the amount of numbers they wish to play as well as the amount they would like to wager.
- Social Aspect: In land-based casinos, Keno tends to be played with lots of people gathered around and is a good place for social gatherings, offering the chance for players to meet and interact with new players.
Michigan Keno is an easy to play, affordable game that offers the opportunity for big payouts and can be enjoyed in a social setting.
You can open an account and collect a welcome bonus to play keno now at Michigan Casino.